If you face an error similar to the one above, then this FAQ is for you.
The two most common reasons that trigger the Feedback required error are using an overloaded server and/or running activities too fast.
The Instagram feedback required error is one of the most common errors you can encounter when using Instagram either manually or when using an automation tool like Automate Your Socials.
Note: If you’re a Automate Your Socials user, kindly contact us immediately when you come across this error so we can quickly resolve it for you.
The Feedback Required error is usually caused by the following;
The above reasons are just a few among the possible cause of this issue, however, they are the most common reasons.
If you’re using an automation tool like Automate Your Socials, there is a possibility that we’re unable to connect your account to Instagram due to an overload on the server housing your account on Automate Your Socials, therefore this error occurs. A reason like this is usually fixed when you retry after few minutes or you can simply contact us to have it fixed.
You can encounter the Instagram Feedback required error when there is an issue with the account you’re trying to interact with. This could be as a result of privacy settings or the user have decided to block your account.
In this case, you can simply ignore the feedback required error as you won’t encounter issues when you moved on to the next targeted account.
If you perform tasks too fast or you have hit the Instagram limits of your account, you are bound to face this error also. There is a set limit for performing various tasks on Instagram such as Follow, Unfollow, Likes and Comments.
For new accounts, the limit is low compared to old and trusted accounts. Although we have set a safe limit for Automate Your Insta according to our trusted research, some users might still face the InstagramAPI\Response\GenericResponse: Feedback required when they’re hitting the limit to avoid getting the account banned.
Sometimes, the issue might not be with your account or your activity, it could be your target. Instagram constantly ban hashtags that have been abused, if you include such hashtag in your targeted tags, then you might encounter this error.
If you post comments that Instagram suspects to be a spam, you might be stopped from performing this task and the action required error might come up.
This is why we always advise Automate Your Socials users to use spintax and variables in their comments and DMs.
Note: For new Instagram accounts, errors like this do occur if you have not verified your account, especially with a mobile number AND if you’ve not used the account on the official Instagram mobile app. In this case, we advise you to verify the account (preferably with a mobile number) and also perform tasks such as follow, like and comment on the official Instagram mobile app.
Note: These tips work differently depending on the account trust and what triggered the error.
1. The recommended fix will be to pause the activity and contact us and our support will look into and resolve the issue
2. Deactivate the activity. The first step will be to identify what triggers this error, is it happening when you run a specific tool or does it occur on all of your activities.
For example, you could see the error only when you run a specific function like auto like or auto comment. Meanwhile, other functions like auto follow and unfollow are still working perfectly fine.
What you need to do in this case will be to pause the specific activities for 24 hours while other functions are still running.
3. Pause entire account activities. If you encounter this error when you perform any function via Automate Your Socials, then you need to pause entire account from performing any task for 24hours. Also, you’re advised not to perform any activity on the Instagram official mobile app during this period.
4. Reduce Activity Speed. When the pause period in step 2 is finally over, you should set up new activities with a lower speed. If you had been running your campaigns on the fast speed, switch to a speed before it (like Medium).
Run your activities with this reduced speed for at least a week.
5. Avoid running multiple tasks. To be on a safer side, it is recommended to run single activities for the first few days before and never run more than two activities for the next few weeks.
And when combining multiple activities, always avoid auto follow + auto unfollow at the same time. This could be risky for your account. You can combine two other activities aside these two.
6. Always Read your activity log. The purpose of the log page for every activity is to let you how your account is performing these tasks when you follow these logs, you’ll be able to tell when things are not going right. And you can easily deactivate any activity generating too many errors.
Note: Always deactivate any activity that shows any error similar to ‘InstagramAPI\Response\GenericResponse: Feedback required’ to avoid sending more requests to Instagram.
The above suggestions are what worked for many of our users who have come across the Instagram Feedback Required error. It is not necessary to try all of the above as a single one could be a fix to your own issue. Understanding what triggers the error is the key to solving it.
If you have any question regarding this article, kindly send us a message.