Follow this guide if you encounter an error like “Please go to instagram.com and pass checkpoint!” when adding your account.
1. Go to instagram.com and log-in on your account.
2. A notification message will immediately pop up after logging-in requesting you to confirm that you tried to login-in elsewhere.
First, you will need to confirm your identity (if requested) and then click the “it was me” button on the next prompt.
After confirming this, you can go back to app.automateyoursocials.com to add your account.
You might need to perform this up to 2-3 times to finally bypass the loop. Also, it is recommended to use a private proxy to increase your chances of bypassing this loop. Get a proxy here.
The new update made it impossible for some users to bypass the checkpoint as it keeps bouncing back to the checkpoint after confirming (“it was me”) on Instagram.
While we work to have this issue fixed, we have proffered a temporary solution to this (confirmed 99% to be working). This method requires you to temporarily disable your Instagram account, wait for 2 hours and then add it to Automate Your Socials.
Note: Temporarily disabling your account does NOT have any negative impact on the account.
1. Go to instagram.com on your laptop, desktop or pc and log-in to your account.
2. Click on your profile name.
3. Click the “Edit Profile” button
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “temporary disable my account”.
5. Select the “Just need a break option”, enter your password and click on the “Temporary Disable Account” button.
6. Wait for 2 hours.
7. After you have waited 2 hours. Open the Automate Your Socials app and add your Instagram Account. It will be activated automatically.
Note: Do NOT login to Instagram on any device (Mobile or PC) during the waiting period, you should only use other devices after you have successfully added your account to Automate Your Socials.
Note: If you own a busy account, we suggest you do this at night or off-peak period so many of your followers don’t notice the 2 hours off-time.
Send us a message if you have any question regarding this article or still have issues.